The Central Loan Committee (CLC) was founded in accordance with article 2 of the November 12, 1948 agreement concerning «agricultural and industrial loans», which was concluded between the Special Mission to Greece for Economic Cooperation of the U.S. Economic Cooperation Administration, the Greek government and the Bank of Greece.
The CLC was responsible for the management and granting, via banks, of reconstruction programme loans to fishery, agricultural, industrial, «bandit-stricken», public utility, transport-shipping, mining and tourist businesses.
The CLC's responsibilities also included the management of the loans granted in 1948 from the funds made available by the American Mission for Aid to Greece (AMAG).
The Central Loan Committee was abolished with the creation of the Economic Development Financing Organization, which started operating on August 31, 1954.
Browse the content of the Central Loan Committee's archives.